Friday, January 21, 2011

Dan Perjovschi, "WHAT HAPPENED TO US?"

Photo from THE L MAGAZINE


Another MoMA project.
The one I showed the other day was number 50. This one was number 85, and it was up on the tall white wall in MoMA's lofty atrium during the summer of 2007.

Dan Perjovschi had drawn his cartoons directly on the wall (see video below), and they were printed in this newspaper, of which everybody was free to take a copy. - So of course I did :-)

And since then, I have used it as an introduction to US politics in all the English classes I have taught. I think the image above forms a particularly useful starting point for looking into US politics and for taking a look at how the US perceives the rest of the world...

The images below are political on a more general (and a more or less personal) level.


Photo from artnet



Photo from Colectivo BolaExtra



Photo from pointofview



Photo from PAVILION



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ganske enkelt genial kommunikasjon